Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crank Setback

So in putting on the flywheel I torqued on the nut to the flywheel and the threaded fly side of the crank broke off. I couldn't figure it out for a sec or two I just looked at it like what happened then I took the run out the socket and it still had the crank end in it. So now I am set back a bit trying to get it all figured out. I hadn't even gone 2 miles on the crank so back it goes to American Scooter Center. I just not a new one in but I need to put a new bearing on the crank. I am happen to have found one at a bearing shop in town for 5 bucks vs the 68 they ask for at the scooterworks or other places. So it is all part of the process I guess.
I just want to have some summer riding time before it is back to the garage for winter. I should get it ridable soon but i have said that before

No comments: