Thursday, October 9, 2008

crank fails but no puppy dog tails




So I have found what I think to be the major problem with PK. When I first got the vespa when kickstarted it would just wirrr and nothing. I always thought it was a stripped kickstart gear but... I took out the crank the other night and to my surprise the nut that holds the crank to the clutch side hexical cut gear was totally stripped and free to spin in place as well as the tab washer was gone as well as the woodriff key was sheared and the end of the crank stripped. This would make sense why the wirrr and nothing happening. Anyhow now I have to buy a crank and install. I am going to wait on anything else since the crank is 160 bucks from what I can find. Hopefully this will get it running. I am still waiting on new clutch plates. So the wait begins again.

No comments: