Thursday, October 2, 2008

First coat of color





So I have put on the first coat of color and I have rediscovered my disdain for mosquitoes. I am using a shed for a makeshift paint booth. I can spritz the air with water and control quite a bit of the natural dust and particles. But I had a couple of mosquitoes land in the paint and take off. Leaving their legs behind. Also due to the close quarters I tried to paint to many parts at once and ended up backing into a part and the fibers of my shirt were left behind. So this is the result. Sanding the parts and repainting. The paint is a urethane acrylic one phase so the color and clear coat are one. People have said that the color does not last as long and the coverage and saturation can be issues with this type of paint but since i am using gray the color issues are not an issue and I didn't have any problems with coverage. I am pretty pleased with the results. If I were using something like a red color it would be more of an issue. Also it was the difference between 30 dollars a quart to 128 dollars a quart.

No comments: