Thursday, September 11, 2008

i little bit of frustration never hurt anyone...except that dude you threw the chair at




So i have learned that PK is a real "special" Vespa and by "special" I mean NOTHING I BUY FITS THE DANG THING. I finally got the horncasting (the thing on the front that covers the horn) in after it has been on back order since what feels like my 3rd year of life (see picture below). My original intent was to make a custom horncasting but I figured since a pre-made one is under 20 bucks that is well worth my time and materials to make one that fits just right...The horn casting that is supposed to fit does not fit. So i had a good long talk with myself and said "Self, should you make one or modify this one?" So i am modifying the pre-made one and later if i want I will make a custom one and keep this as a spare. In all of my excitement I cut it a little short so I have had to come up with some custom creative solutions to my issues at hand. I swear I measured 8 times and cut once. I also finally got in the floor rail kit, which are the little rails where your feet go. When I got PK he only had 1/2 of one rail and their are supposed to be 6. The original one that I took off of him had a raised tongue sticking out of the bottom to fit the groove on the edges. That is why i took so much time in prefabricating that groove on the edges, because I assumed the floor rail kit would fit in that groove. Funny that the new floor rail kits that should fit PK are flat on the bottom...So i have to either rework the body (which is now so far along in paint i am not going to) or modify the floor rail kit. Grrr...


Me on the left and my sister Abbie on the right.

On a more positive note. I did finally get in the back ordered flywheel puller so I can start to split the cases and hopefully find out what is going on inside the motor.

No comments: