Friday, August 22, 2008

So i have found

So i have found that Pk is a 1982 Vespa PK50 Import, and even though it has a PK50S badge on the back it is not That as far as my research could have taken me. I ran the serial number and motor serial number and all said it was PK50. All of the 50's sold in the states in that year were shifting into automatics and mine is not. All of the 50's sold in the states should have speedometers and indicators so i have found it to be a import from what everyone can tell me.

My am in the process of taking everything apart and cleaning it off.
I have so far taken off 1,500lbs of mud and dirt off of it.
I first drained the oil...oh wait I had to scrap (not exaggerating) 3/4 in thick of mud off of the motor to get to the plug to drain the oil.
thanks to the folks that put up the scooterhelp site.
I have no Idea what I am doing to i have had to research my butt off as to not just jack something up beyond repair.
I love "making it work" but with this one i just stared at and didnt even know where to start. so i "drained" the oil to start engine work. I took the plug out and it went drip...drip... and thats all that was in there.

The mass cleaning has begun.

No comments: